Cherry Pudding CakeFrom dvisscher 7 years ago
- 1/4 c butter or shortening shopping list
- 1/2 c + 4 tbsp sugar (divided) shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- vanilla to taste shopping list
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3 c frozen, thawed sour cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Drain cherries reserving 1-2 cups juice
- Place drained cherries in a greased 2 qt baking dish
- In a bowl, cream butter and 1/2 c sugar. Add 1/2 c milk and vanilla, stirring well to combine (will look curdly - is that a word?)
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients then mix into to wet.
- Spoon and spread over cherries, covering as much as you can.
- Pour reserved cherry juice over top of all, then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 40 - 50 minutes at 350.
- The cake will rise to the top and the juice and cherries form a nice saucy pudding underneath.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.