French Olive CakeFrom noir 8 years ago
- * 4 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 4 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- * 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- * 3 oz. freshly grated Gruyère shopping list
- * 1 scant cup Nyons olives, pitted and halved lengthwise (or a combination of your favorite black and green olives) shopping list
- * 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine the flour baking powder and salt and stir to blend.
- Using a whisk, slowly whisk in the eggs.
- Whisk in the milk, cheese, olives and oil.
- Set aside for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir the batter to blend and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To serve:
- Slice the cake, then cut the slices into cubes. Arrange on a serving tray and serve with a nice Côtes du Rhône and with cheese or with Shallot, Yogurt & Parsley Dip.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
Delicious! Tops!pink in USA loved it
Perfecto!smooch in America loved it
FABULOUS!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it