Fried Goat Cheese SaladFrom samjo 7 years ago
How to make it
- Roll the goat cheese into small balls ( maybe 3/4 of an inch)
- Place in freezer for at least 30 min. (longer is better)
- Mix together lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper and whisk continuously while slowly streaming in olive oil. I have never measured how much oil I use, just enough to make a vineagrette like dressing.
- Heat 1/2 inch of olive oil in a pan.
- Roll frozen goat cheese balls in egg than in breadcrumbs ( sometimes I do it twice for thicker breading)
- Fry in olive oil until golden brown and serve over your choice of greens (I always get a pre-made bag of spring mix) Top with dressing.
The Cooksamjo Gering, NE
The Rating4 people
Love this! Nothing better than warm goat cheese... maybe except fried warm goat cheese!corrinnej in New Holland loved it
I have never heard of such a thing but I am so ready to try it. Thanks for the post. Deserving of a 5 and a flag!lenora in Oak Park loved it
I do something similar to this and serve it with roasted beets. Just before serving, I put some greens on the plate, slice the roasted beets in half and fan one or two of them alongside the greens, add the goat cheese, and then drizzle on the vinagre...moredond in Rockville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!