Very Old Cream Cheese Filled Apple Cookie Recipe From My Aunt BarbaraFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple butter shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl blend brown sugar, sugar and butter until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla then beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined.
- Shape dough into marble size balls then place on ungreased cookie sheets 1” apart.
- Bake 10 minutes at 300 then transfer to a cool flat surface.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add apple butter and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of filling onto the flat side of a cookie.
- Top with another cookie to create a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
yummers! It is getting way to close to dinner for me to be ONLY checking out cookie recipes! Yikes...I know I gained a pound simply by looking up recipes...(all the while sitting on my Tu$h)
LOLdivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
very niceadvac in memphis loved it
Maybe it "sounds" good but it's not....unless you like soft mushy cookies. Would never make this again. My family didn't like them either.camt1121 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!