Chipotle Blue Chili - Took 2nd Place In Chili Contest I JudgedFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 pounds uncooked stew meat shopping list
- 2 pounds pork breakfast sausage with sage shopping list
- 2 large white onions chopped fine shopping list
- 14 ounce can beef stock shopping list
- 2-1/2 ounces canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce chopped fine shopping list
- 2 squares bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 14 ounces canned salsa verde shopping list
- 24 ounces bottled dark beer shopping list
- 1 ounce top shelf tequila shopping list
- 2 limes juiced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke shopping list
- 6 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions sliced shopping list
- 2 cups 4 blend cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in large cast iron pot on high heat.
- Add beef and cook until browned stirring occasionally.
- When browned remove from pot and set aside then drain well.
- Brown sausage and chopped onions until sausage is browned then drain well.
- Return beef to pot along with remaining ingredients then stir well.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls with cheese and green onions as garnish.
People Who Like This Dish 53
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating9 people
How in the world did I miss this one????? I'll be making this one for sure. :)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
Sounds incendiary and just the way I love it. Thanks Cat, you are a dear. Can't wait to give this a whirl.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Delicious!!! Made this for a camping trip and just took a quick bite to test it out. Can't wait to eat a bowl full!redrobin in Lake Balboa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!