Walnut Cranberry Whiskey TartFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened and rolled out flat. shopping list
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup of light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup of bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup of fresh chopped cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan. Line with a sheet of parchment paper and fill with some beans (I keep a jar of beans just for this purpose, they don't cook well after being used as pie crust weights, trust me on this one.) Bake for 5 to 7 minutes to lightly brown the crust. Pull out of oven, remove the parchment and reserve the beans for the next time you bake.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup and whiskey, Stir in the nuts and cranberries. Pour into the cooled partically cooked crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If it starts to brown too much, lightly cover the edges with foil strips. Let cool for 30 minutes to set up the center.
- Serve with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
What an interesting blend of ingredients! Thanks for the recipe as it sound so interesting! Good, too!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
How ingenious, to add Cranberries! Can hardly wait to try this!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This looks super. Making for Thanksgiving!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!