Apricot ChickenFrom annieamie 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place dried apricots in warm water for 30 minutes to soak before starting to prepare the chicken for baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and salt the cavity of the chicken. Dry your chicken completely. Do not pierce the skin of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the whole stick of butter into the cavity of the chicken.
- Drain the apricots and stuff the chicken completely. You do not need to close the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken into baking pan or dish breast side up and bake for an hour and a half, at 350 degrees, basting at least three times during baking.
- Check to make sure that the chicken has fully baked by pulling the leg away from the body.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove apriots with spoon and discard. You can eat these if you like but I usually discard them.
- Slice chicken and drizzle with some of the "juice" in the pan over the chicken slices or pieces and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
This sounds WONDERFUL! Did you invent it or ?shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
This looks awesome......I love most roasts with apricot!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Ohhhhhh yummmmmmm... chicken and apricots, how perfect is that. You've got my HIGH 5 and I can't wait to try it. I've got the chicken and the apricots and I'm ready to make it for dinner. Thanks Annie and I'm sure glad I noticed this winning recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Cooking Chicken203 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Newbie Foodies98 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Home Cooking58 members