Cream Cheese BraidsFrom debbie919 9 years ago
- DOUGH: shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. melted butter shopping list
- 2 pkgs. dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 c. warm water shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 4 c. flour shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsps. vanilla shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Heat sour cream over low heat, stir in sugar, salt and butter; cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in large bowl,stirring until yeast is dissolved.
- Add sour cream mixture, eggs, and flour, mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, divide dough into 4 parts, roll out each on floured surface into a 12" x 8" rectangle.
- Make filling, creaming the cheese and sugar together, then adding the egg, salt, and vanilla.
- Spread 1/4 of filling on each rectangle, roll up in jelly roll fashion, beginning at long end.Pinch edges and fold ends under. Place rolls seam side down on greased baking sheets.
- Using a sharp knife, make about 4 X shaped cuts on top of each roll. Cuts should be about 2/3 the way into the roll.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about an hour until doubled.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 min. - just until light golden brown.
- Combine all glaze ingredients, and spread over warm braids.
- A bit of almond flavoring in the filling and glaze really spiffs up the flavor!
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookdebbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!