PASTA E FAGIOLIFrom jkstern 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 16-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, drained, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, freshly cooked shopping list
- Grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and oregano and simmer until tomatoes soften, stirring occasionally and breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, about 15 minutes. Add beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place pasta in bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pour sauce over and toss thoroughly. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
The Rating5 people
Wow - I love "pasta fazool," and this one sounds just like my great-aunt Vicenza's, except she used ditalini instead of elbows as her preferred pasta shape. Don't be fooled by fancier recipes with meat - the whole point of this dish is to...morelagoulue in New York loved it
This is one of my favorite soups... got to give it a try.. it sounds so simple to make. Good Post.
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
this was real good... real mild and the kids loved it! Thanks...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!