Paczki DoughnutsFrom cherihannah 6 years ago
- 1 quart of milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 oz. whiskey shopping list
- 10 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 baker's yeast (large ) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. softened butter shopping list
- 11 cups flour shopping list
- Grated rind and juice of 2 oranges shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients like a bread mixture. Let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch or knead, then roll into balls.
- Fill each ball with prunes or jelly, securing edges to prevent filling from leaking out.
- Place on floured board and let rise again.
- ( the donuts can also be made without filling)
- Fry in medium hot oil about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Romove from oil, using a slotted spoon to drain excess oil and place on paper towels. You can roll in powder sugar if desired.
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating4 people
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS! A GREAT RECIPE.recipediva in Philly loved it
you dont have to be polish to polish off a paczki and paczki time is almost here.raspberry is my favorite. thanks i havent made these in years. for my fat tuesday party these will be there king cake move over.maywest in Tangerine loved it