Simple Chocolate TrufflesFrom marisab 8 years ago
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 6 squares Semi-Sweet baking chocolate shopping list
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate shopping list
- If you like alcohol in your truffles add 2 tablespoons of cognac (you can also use brandy, Grand Marnier, rum, bourbon, Kahlua etc) shopping list
- Suggested coatings: powdered sugar, finely chopped walnuts or peanuts, flaked coconut, shaved chocolate, cookie crumbs or unsweetened cocoa shopping list
How to make it
- Add butter, whipping cream and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Remove from heat. Add semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates; stir until completely melted. Pour into bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or UNTIL FIRM.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of the chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls (using a melon baller to prevent mixture from melting in your hands). Roll in 1 cup of the desired coatings until evenly coated. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.