Blueberry And Lavender ButterFrom noir 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the blueberries, apple, and sugar in a large bowl, coarsely crushing some of the blueberries, and let macerate at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- The blueberries should give up a lot of juice.
- Transfer to a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil over medium-high. Turn down the heat and let simmer until the fruits are completely soft, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree, either in a blender or with an immersion (stick) blender.
- Return to the pot and stir in the lavender and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, until the puree thickens to the consistency of applesauce, about half an hour (the exact time will depend on the water content of your blueberries).
- Taste the mixture and add more sugar or lemon juice as desired. Remove from the heat, force the mixture through a sieve while still hot, and transfer to a closed container (or, if you're comfortable with canning, fill into jars and process in your normal way).
- If not canning, refrigerate immediately and consume within a couple of weeks.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Going to make it as soon as I can wonderful post!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Delovely! *wink*pink in USA loved it
Perfecto!smooch in America loved it