Mmmm Chicken N DumplingsFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 chicken, cut into quarters shopping list
- You can use 2 chickens and a great BIG dutch oven! shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken(poultry) seasoning or Knorr chicken seasoning shopping list
- Note: The original recipe did not call for veggies but I like to add chunks of peeled carrots, potatoes and onion. I also add freshly grated black pepper but whatever you do, don't forget the "garlic." I usually add at least 5 or 6 cloves of minced or chopped garlic. shopping list
- Dumplings: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lard or vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon dehydrated parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Mix remaining ingredients to form a dough and spoon into boiling chicken pot liquid. shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan.
- Add chicken seasoning, veggies and enough water to cover chicken with at least 2 inches extra of water.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered, until meat can easily be removed from bones.
- Remove chicken, leaving liquid in pot.
- Remove meat from chicken in chunks and place meat back into pot. Bring back to a boil.
- Have dumplings mixture ready to add.
- Cover pot and simmer until dumplings are cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Oh Yeah... this is good.. .just like my Grandma made.. and she used the veggies too! Great post! Love it!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love chicken and dumplings and I am always up for trying a new recipe of them. I never could get my dumplings to turn out right so I've found it you take 2 tubes of biscuts and flatten them out and cut them in the shapes of dumplings then drop the...morejanick04 in Hamilton loved it
i love chicken and dumplings too... hope you will accept my invitation to be your cooking buddy. :)jegski in Aljubail loved it