Apple Pie With Cheddar Cheese CrustFrom lor 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening ~ cold shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- Note: I like the Old white sharp cheddar cheese for this crust shopping list
- 4-6 Tablespoons water shopping list
- small splash of vinegar shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar(brown or white - both work well) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour or 1-1/2 Tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour & salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend in cheese.
- Sprinkle with water while mixing lightly with a fork; form into ball. Divide dough in half.
- Roll one part to 11" circle on lightly floured surface.
- Place in 9" pie plate.
- Combine sugar, flour, & cinnamon.
- Mix with apples.
- Place mixture in pie shell; dot with margarine.
- Roll out remainder of dough to 11" circle; place over apples.
- Pinch and seal edges of crust & flute.
- Cut slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degree F, for 30-35 minutes.