Chicken DelmonicoFrom vino4dino 9 years ago
- 4 (6 to 7-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon Essence or creole seasoning, recipe follows shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk to make an egg wash shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 3/4 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, and black trumpets, stemmed, wiped clean, and sliced (about 4 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock, or canned, low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 large boiled artichoke hearts, recipe follows, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Season each chicken breast half with 1/2 teaspoon of the Essence and set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining tablespoon Essence. Put the egg wash in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour, shaking to remove any excess, then in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off, and then in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large clean skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and they give off their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, stir to incorporate, and cook until the mixture is thick, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, stir well to incorporate, and simmer until the mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the mixture is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Add the sliced artichoke hearts and lemon juice and stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon butter, the green onions, and parsley. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- To serve, place 1 chicken breast in the center of each of four large plates and top each with an equal portion of the sauce. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!