Not Your Average French ToastFrom putercop 9 years ago
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (salted or not) butter, melted shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided) shopping list
- 3 tart apples (such as granny smith) peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins shopping list
- Italian or French bread cut into slices- about 6 to 8 slices shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add apples and cranberries: toss to coat well. Spread apple mixture evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange slices of bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, in preheated 375 degree F. oven for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven: let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookputercop Kerhonkson, NY
The Rating5 people
Sounds good!organicmama in loved it
Yummm, this is a must try! Sounds fantastic!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This was a great Christmas breakfast meal and the perfect complement to my wife's bacon and spinach quiche! I did substitute some dry home-made cinnamon bread (dry because it was made with fat free buttermilk due to my inability to read cartons in th...morecookinginchina in Hengyang loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!