Chicken Pot Pie LasagneFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 12 pieces Lasagne, uncooked shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and well drained shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
- 1 15-oz. carton low-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Spray a Dutch oven or large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and saute 4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain well and set aside. Recoat Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrots and onions; saute 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; stir in sherry. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and red pepper. Reserve one cup of sauce and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Arrange 4 pieces of the lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise) over the sauce. Top with half of ricotta cheeese mixture, half of chicken mixture and half of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers, ending with 4 pieces of lasagne. Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce over the last complete layer of lasagne, being sure to cover the lasagne completely.
- Cover lasagne with foil and bake 1 hour. Uncover lasagne, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered. Re-cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!