Upside Down Apple Zucchini CakeFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 4 sliced peeled apples shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ cup polenta shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp 5 spices shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground cloves shopping list
- ½ tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetal oil shopping list
- ½ tsp vainilla shopping list
- 1 cup shredded zucchini shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with a parchment paper circle and butter paper.
- Arrange apples in the bottom of your prepared pan. In a large bowl, stir together flour, polenta, salt, spices and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and sugar, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix in zucchini. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter over fruit and spread evenly. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Invert onto a cake rack. Remove parchment paper.
- Serve warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of ice cream or some apple sauce on top.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating4 people
This really does sound soo good. I cant wait to try it out.invisiblechef in loved it
My daughter is off the try this one now. We picked up zucchini today after I showed her the recipe. Not telling anyone else til she makes it. Will keep you apprised. Thanks!
putercop in Kerhonkson loved it
Is "devoured in a heartbeat" indicative of how the cake was? Incredible. Some had ice cream on the side and some spritzed some apple liquer on it. I was one of the purists and had it as is. Mouth feel was unique but so moist and all the flavors did n...moreputercop in Kerhonkson loved it