Polish Style Pizza Or PagacheFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees) shopping list
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg - slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter - melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 2-3 medium potatoes ~ peeled and cut up shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter shopping list
- Note: I like to add 2 whole cloves of garlic to the potatoes while they are boiling. I mash the garlic cloves along with the cooked potatoes. I also add sliced green olives and sliced plum tomatoes to my pizza. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine water, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Stir to disolve yeast and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1-1/2 cups of the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Make a well in the center and stir in the egg.
- In a saucepan, heat milk (120 to 130 degrees).
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted margarine plus cooking oil and mix.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Stir in as much remaining flour as possible.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl - turning once to grease surface.
- Cover and let rise until double in size approximately one hour.
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- Drain, add cheese, 2 tablespoons of margarine and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mash until smooth. Set aside.
- When dough has reached double in size, punch down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide in half and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Roll one dough portion into a 12" x 15" rectangle.
- Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Spread filling to one inch of the edges.
- Roll second dough portion into a 12" x 15" rectangle and place over filling.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Use a fork to prick dough every few inches to let the steam escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with 1 tablespoon of melted margarine, butter or *olive oil infused with minced garlic.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or cool.
- Makes 24 - 30 portions.
- This bread is excellent as a meal, as an appetizer, served with stew or soup.
- Note: I love garlic so much I usually keep a glass jar with olive oil and garlic cloves close by ;-)
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
ok lor lets eatmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What a yummy idea, esp for we potato lovers! Thanks...juliecake in Bluffdale loved it