Lemon Meringue PieFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- For crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup digestive biscuits crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinammon shopping list
- 2 tbsp super fine caster sugar shopping list
- 90 grams melted unsalted butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 150 grams caster sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 70 grams unsalted butter,at room temp. shopping list
- topping: shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 130 grams sugar shopping list
- lemon zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice or 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla powder shopping list
How to make it
- 1- preheat oven to 350F,grease a 23cm pie or tart pan with butter.
- 2-Mix together the crumbs,sugar and cinammon,pour over the melted butter.Mix well and press onto the bottom and sides of the pan ,cover and chill.
- 3-In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice . Cook, whisking constantly until the mixture becomes pale in color and quite thick . This will take about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine strainer to remove any lumps. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted. Add the lemon zest. Immediately pour the lemon curd into the baked crust and smooth the top.
- 4-Bake for 12 minutes till the filling is set but whoobling slightly in the middle.Take out off oven.
- For topping:
- 1-In a stainless bowl whisk the egg whites till frothy,add the lemon juice or cream of tartar till you reach soft peak
- 2-Gradually add the sugar while whisking till you reach stiff peaks,add the vanilla and the lemon zest.
- Note:Do not stop whisking till the final step when you get a really stiff peaks.
- 3-Using a spatula or a spoon,spread the meringue over the filling making sure all sides are firmly sealed with topping.Make decorative swirls with the back of the spoon on the topping.
- 4-Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes till some peaks on the topping are golden brown.Take out and leave to cool for 3 hours then chill.
- Note:Can be stored in the fridge covered for up to 4 days.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating18 people
A favorite of mine... we cook this alot in the south..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Meringues always a 5 for me :)
cause I'm not good with Meringues, hahaha
thanks for the great recipe
I'll try this soonnakedchef in Taichung loved it
Someone gave you a 1 ahmed...they are doing it allover the site. Hit me over and over...sorry it happened to you, my friend. We are trying to get Kris to fix it so no one can do that.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!