White chocolate strawberry mousse cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- Sponge cake: shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder shopping list
- 150 grams sugar shopping list
- 110 grams flour shopping list
- 50 grams corn starch shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- Mousse: shopping list
- 2 cups strawberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 240 grams white chocolate, finely chopped and MELTED shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered (confectioner's) sugar shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 16 strawberry halfs shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1-Preheat oven to 350F,grease a 20cm loose bottom cake pan with butter.Line in parchement paper and grease the paper.
- 2-In the bowl of electric mixer,beat together the eggs,sugar and vanilla powder beginning at low speed and increasing to medium high speed for 10 minutes.
- 3-Sift together the flour,corn starch and salt and fold it in the eggs mixture using a rubber spatula or a large spoon making circular motion from bottom to top.Be patiant and make it slowly till all dry mixture is incorporated with the eggs mixture.
- 4- Pour in the pan and bake for 30-40minutes till spongy and a sharp knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 5-Take out and cool completly.Using a serrated knife,cut the cake horizontal in half.Put the bottom half back in the pan(after it has been washed) and keep aside.You may cover the other half tightly in the fridge for another use.
- 1-Put all of the strawberries with 1 tbsp lemon juice in a blender and mix till puree.
- 2-Put 1/4 cup of cool water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3-Stir 1/4 cup of the cream and the 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Pour into the bowl of melted chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup of the strawberry puree. Reserve the remaining 1/4 cup of puree. Using an electric mixer, whip the remaining 1 3/4 cup of cream. Beat on medium-high speed until medium peaks form. Whisk one third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- 4-Using a large rubber spatula, gently fold the remaining whipped cream into the mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5-Stir the remaining 1 Tbsp of lemon juice into the reserved sliced berries. Fold the sliced berries into the mousse. Arrange some strawberries halfs all around the side of the pan .Spoon mousse over the sponge cake in the pan and level the top.Chill for 4-6 hours.
- 6-Garnish with whipped cream and strawberry halfs
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Looks like we've got similar food tastes.I love desserts.I'm going to give this a try on EID DAY.ambus in Lahore loved it
Oh gee, the only thing I like more than chocolate, is white chocolate, this is amazing!organicmama in loved it
I do not spend as much time as I would like here and you can see that because I missed this recipe beauty. WOW, what a delectable looking dessert!!! Thank you Ahmed.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!