New Ginger Wine - Christmas and Holiday Ginger WineFrom julesong 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon rind (zest of 1 lemon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey or golden syrup, to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped roughly (can use mixture of regular and golden raisings) shopping list
- 1 ounce brandy or cognac, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon zest and juice, wine, honey or golden syrup, ginger, and raisins.
- Raise the heat to medium-high, stirring constantly until the honey or golden syrup is melted, which will take about 4 minutes, but do not allow to boil.
- Add the brandy or Cognac and place into glass container.
- Refrigerate at least one day (or two, to taste), then strain the wine and serve in small glasses; it will be slightly cloudy but very tasty and very good for helping digest those large dinners everybody had!
- Note: honey and golden syrup have different tastes, and I like both. It's nice to have the both versions of the wine with made, for different folks' tastes!
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating4 people
I just came across this delightful drink recipe
quite by accident~ and I am so pleased!
I hope that You will consider being
my 'Food Friend'?
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it