Spaghetti With Sausage And PeppersFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage (mild or hot) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, in thick puree shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or dry white wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3/4 lb spaghetti shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving shopping list
How to make it
- *In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- *Add the sausage and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- *When cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- *Add the onion, peppers and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt to the pan.
- *Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- *Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes longer.
- *Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, vermouth, the reserved sausage and any accumulated juices, the parsley and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and bring to a simmer.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the sausage and pepper mixture and the Parmesan.
- Serve with more Parmesan.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating11 people
I can get all the ingridents here. I can try this! It looks yummy!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
helewes, oooh thats a nice twist, I never thought of white wine. I will try that next time too.dariana in loved it
You will ALL love this! Yummmm, thinking about it now myself and may have to make this for dinner, lol. Enjoy!dariana in loved it