Chocolate CharlotteFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- 30 lady fingers biscuits shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- chocolate Mousse: shopping list
- 140 grams sugar shopping list
- 4 medium eggs eggs shopping list
- 1/2 litre liquid cream chilled. shopping list
- 375 grams dark coating chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- 1-Prepare a charlotte mold,or a 20cm loose bottom cake ring by lining it into the center of your serving plate.Line the sides and the bottom with lady fingers trying not to leave any spaces in between.
- 2-In a heavy saucepan,get the sugar and water to simmiring point after the sugar is dissolved for 7-8 minutes or till you reach 235 F.Add the orange juice and mix.Measure 1/4 cup of the syrup and set aside for lady fingers soaking later.
- 3-In a bowl, break the whole eggs and add the cooked sugar whipping with an electric mixer on low speed.Continue whisking till the mixture turns white in color and completly cold.
- 4-Melt the chocolate and pour it while warm over the eggs mixture and mix using a wire whisk till combined.Cool.
- 5-In a seperate bowl whisk the chilled cream till it holds it's shape.Pour the cold chocolate mixture onto the cream and mix with a rubber spatula till all combined and no white streaks or traces .
- 6-Pour half of the mixture over the lady fingers biscuits.Arrange another layer of the lady fingers ,sprinkle with 1/4 cup cold syrup and pour the rest of the mixture over.Level the top.Chill for 6 hours or over night.Carefully loose the cake ring and serve cold.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Your dessert is beautiful...a lot like me!
Really it looks so yummy!organicmama in loved it
Thank you for posting the recipe. This sounds incredible and I have two packages of Lady Fingers just sitting on my counter. Charlotte for breakfast! YES!!!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Add me as another orange and chocolate fan, this recipe is beautiful and I can imagine it vanishing quickly each time it is served. Stunning post, m'dear.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!