Country Fried VenisonFrom keetlov 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb (3/4" thick) venison shopping list
- 1 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 ts seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/4 c bacon drippings shopping list
- 2 cl Garlic; minced shopping list
- 4 c water shopping list
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts Bottled brown bouquet sauce shopping list
- 1 md Onion; thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb Fresh mushrooms; sliced shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare venison by trimming all fat and removing connective tissues. Cut meat into serving-size pieces, and pound each piece to 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thickness. Combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and seasoned salt; dredge the venison in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in a large, heavy skillet; add garlic, and saute until golden. Remove garlic, and set aside. Add remaining bacon drippings to skillet; cook venison until it is lightly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Gradually stir about 1/2 cup water into 1/3 cup flour; mix until smooth, and add the remaining water.
- Stir flour mixture into pan drippings
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in bouquet sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Return venison and garlic to skillet; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add onion; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice. 6 servings.
The Cookkeetlov Baltimore, MD
The Rating4 people
This is delicious, reminds me of my childhood feasts.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
My kids LOVE this!acemom in Glenpool loved it
This sounds like it would go good with a Baked Potatotrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!