Caramel Apple CakeFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups undiluted evaporated milk, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup water (or apple juice) shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped shopping list
- 20 vanilla caramels shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the evaporated milk, water, eggs, and apples in medium bowl. Stir into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread batter into greased 13" x 9" cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar then coconut and nuts over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Cover loosely with aluminum foil if topping is becoming too brown.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 3/4 cup evaporated milk and caramels in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is smoothly combined.
- Pour evenly over hot cake. Cool completely before serving.
- This recipe is originally from Robinhood flour.