Fresh Mushroom SoupFrom pat2me 6 years ago
- 8 oz. Shitake or button mushrooms shopping list
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 2 Tbl butter shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- flour, enough to absorb liquid shopping list
- 1 14 ½ oz can vegetable or chicken broth (1 ¾ cup) shopping list
- 2 cups half & half or light cream shopping list
How to make it
- Remove any tough or woody stems from mushrooms. Cut the
- mushrooms into medium to small pieces.
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms and shallots in melted butter, uncovered, over medium high for 4 – 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add broth. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir in half & half, heat through, ladle into bowls
- Makes 6 generous side dish servings.