Almond Flan And VariationsFrom berry 7 years ago
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (15 Oz.) shopping list
- 1 teasponn vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and ground shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about) almonds, left whole shopping list
How to make it
- To 1 cup of boiling water add the condensed milk, vanilla, and ground almonds, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool
- Add egg yolks, a little bit at a time, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Put brown sugar in baking dish or individual cups and melt to coat dish or cups ( to caramelize), cool slightly.
- Fill ish with custard, place in a larger pan of hot water, and bake in a 300 grades oven for about 1/2 hour or untilknife blade emerges clean when dippend into flan.
- Chill thoroughly and serve ice -cold.
- - Use strong coffee for one- half of the liquid
- - Use ground pine nuts, pecans or walnuts instead of almonds
- - Use 2 tablespoons of cocoa mixed with the ground almonds in the first step of the recipe. Or, add a combination of cocoa and strong coffee for a Mocha taste.
- - Flans can also be topped with a dab of sweet whipped cream right before serving.
- Decorate with whole almonds before serving.
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating8 people
One of the recipes I like most..I would choose the Pecan variation..Great posting Berry.Thanksahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Hi Berry.The picture really looks incredible.Thanks for posting it...You know it really makes a difference.Miss your new dessert recipes.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Amazing..i wonder how i never saw this!i'm surely gonna try this!iffyo in loved it