Strawberry SconesFrom vanessa 6 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose, unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks of cold, unsalted butter cut into tiny pieces shopping list
- 1 cup Half and Half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt shopping list
- 12 frozen strawberries, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together. Add the cold pieces of butter and work it into the flour using your hands. Don't overwork the flour and butter. Mix the yogurt into the Half and Half and add the strawberries. Add the liquid to the flour and mix gently.
- Turn the dough out onto the lightly floured counter. Pat the dough into a square about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the dough into squares and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then glaze with a mixture of 1/2 cup powder sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a splash of Orange Juice.
People Who Like This Dish 63
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
The Rating12 people
Hello~ I have tried this and they turned out to be really good. Thanks for sharing :)gocce in Toronto loved it
I am going to make these for an Engish buddy. He loves scones and I love strawberries!!!misspattiecakes in Tyler loved it
These are sooooooo good----thanks for sharing your recipe! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!