Butternut Squash Soup For The CrockpotFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed 1" size (about 1 medium squash) shopping list
- 2 cups leeks, chopped (whites and light green only) shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, diced shopping list
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken or vegitable broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp marjoram, ground shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- heavy cream or plain yogurt (optional) shopping list
- white pepper to taste shopping list
- parsley or scallion for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 5 quart electric slow cooker, combine the squash, leeks, apples, broth, and water.
- 2. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours or until the sqush and leeks are very tender. You can speed up to 3-4 hours on High. Add Marjoram after 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 on High.
- 3. Using a mixing wand, puree the soup in the slow cooker until a smooth uniform texture. Turn on High for another 1/2 hour.
- 4. Serve hot with a dolop of cream or yogurt swirled into soup on top and garnish with a sprig of parsley or sprinkle with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating2 people
Soooo good!! Tip: Boil Squash for 4 min before peeling. Otherwise you may lose a limb : )Vasthy32 in loved it