Ham And Cheese PinwheelsFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 6 slices smoked ham (if the ham slices are too thin, they will tear when you try to spread on the filling, so ask the deli to slice the ham a little thicker than for sandwiches) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (don’t substitute Miracle Whip!) shopping list
- 6 pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped finely shopping list
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the filling ingredients.
- Spread each ham slice with filling and roll it up tightly.
- Chill thoroughly before slicing each roll into bite-size pieces.
- NOTE: You can vary these in so many ways:
- Omit olives, substitute honey mustard for yellow mustard and use honey ham slices.
- Omit olives and add grated Swiss, cheddar, or gruyere cheese instead.
- Use garlic or jalapeno stuffed olives instead of pimento stuffed.
- Add finely diced pecans.
- Omit olives and mustard - add some crushed pineapple instead, for a sweet/savory pinwheel.
- For a sharper flavor, omit olives and add a dash of horseradish to the filling.
- Replace the filling with a horseradish cheddar cheese spread, adding some diced pecans for a nice crunch.
- Be as creative as you wish!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
well, I don't know...if I have to be creative might not work!!!!!nice post my husband loves these.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
this one is going on the Christmas eve treat table!michellem in Idaho loved it
A gal I worked with brought something similar to our pot lucks. She added a flour tortilla. The tortilla adds strength so you can apply the spread on it and not worry about the ham tearing. You can add a thin slice of pickle and it will stay in place...morecabincrazyone in Duluth loved it