This Is The One Baked Macaroni And CheeseFrom dandelion 7 years ago
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper shopping list
- 10 oz bar sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- panko bread Crumbs shopping list
- butter for Crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a 3-qt. casserole.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Reserve 1 cup grated cheese for the top of the casserole. Toss macaroni with remaining cheese.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Notes: Use sharp or a mix of Gruyere and white cheddar.
- Asiago cheese is also nice in mac and cheese dishes.
- Sliced ripe tomatoes and buttered bread crumbs would be a nice addition.
- Mix in the additional shredded cheese before adding the tomatoes.
- Can add ham and onions for a heartier dish.
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
The Rating11 people
Everytime someone posts a Mac and cheese recipe... I have to try... Sooooooo this is on my list for this weekend..
I agree with the tomatoes.. which is a favorite way to do mac an cheese
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
This was wonderful! Worth a 5 all the way! Perfect.. and I like with tomato...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Some people belong in the looney bin a 2 how ridiculous! I like it so will bump you up. JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it