Apricot Lentil SoupFrom pamela 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils shopping list
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes - peels and seeds removed, diced shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried apricots shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onion, apricots, and garlic in olive oil. Now, add the lentils and chicken stock. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, and season with thyme, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice. In a blender, puree 1/2 of the soup, then return it to the pot and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating4 people
This is my new favorite lentil soup. The apricot and cumin give it a very subtle sweet spiciness; just perfect! I made this soup with brown lentils instead of the red ones; also added more broth as it simmered more than 40 minutes waiting for guest...morelipsantos in Curitiba loved it
What a great soup!
Really got me out of my rut, comfortable as it was.
The pairing of apricot and lentils is very nice, the lemon, thyme and cumin - a great pairing!
Thanks for a great recipe!eyecook in Ironwood loved it
Okay, when my husband found out I only gave it a 4 he said "are you crazy - it was delicious, you're making it again, aren't you?" followed closely by "you have to go and change your rating to 5" Which I found I can't do once I've rated it already......moreeyecook in Ironwood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!