Gorgonzola ToastsFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 loaf french baguette, cut into 1/3” slices shopping list
- garlic cloves, optional shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see instructions below) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons softened butter shopping list
- ¼ pound of a good, creamy gorgonzola or blue cheese (if you can get your hands on Maytag blue cheese, it is the best I've ever had) shopping list
How to make it
- To toast pine nuts, put them in a hot skillet and watch closely, shaking the pan often, until nuts are browned just a bit.
- Toast bread slices over hot grill, or on a baking sheet in a 450 degree oven, until just lightly toasted.
- If you are a garlic lover, you can rub each piece of toasted bread with a cut clove of garlic when the bread is hot from the oven…the garlic flavor from the cut clove will “cling” to the bread, giving it a wonderful flavor!
- Blend together butter and cheese.
- Stir in cooled pine nuts.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with the cheese spread, and place slices on baking sheet.
- Put under broiler JUST BRIEFLY, until cheese melts a bit and bread is warmed.
- You can do all the prep ahead of time, and then at serving time just put spread on toasts and place under the broiler.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!