Tomato Tart with Pesto and Herbes de ProvenceFrom bhiskey 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place the sheets of thawed puff pastry on a foil-covered baking sheet (use two if they don't fit on one).
- Divide the pesto between the two sheets of pastry and spread evenly.
- Layer tomatoes over the pesto, taking care not to pack them too tightly.
- Dividing the salt and herbes de provence evenly between both tarts, sprinkly over the tomatoes.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until edges of pastry are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Using a pizza wheel, slice tarts into desired number of pieces.
- Tart can be served either warm or cool; can be kept overnight if tightly wrapped and placed in the refrigerator. To reheat, place in the oven or a toaster oven for 2-3 minutes.