Bacon BreadFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 pound bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled (reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease for sautéing veggies) shopping list
- ½ cup diced red pepper shopping list
- ½ cup diced onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced very thin or diced finely shopping list
- 3 tubes (7.5 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk or flakey biscuits shopping list
- ½ cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (vary cheese for different tastes – a good smoked cheese, gruyere, Emmantaler, Fontinella, fresh grated Parmesan, Provolone, etc) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté red pepper, onion and garlic in the reserved bacon grease, until tender (don't over-brown the garlic or it will become bitter).
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and place in a large bowl.
- Add sautéed veggies, bacon, melted butter, cheese and seasoning; toss until biscuits are well coated.
- Place biscuits in sprayed 10 inch tube pan (Bundt pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Immediately invert pan onto a large serving platter.
- Serve immediately, though leftovers are good cold.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
I'm totally making this for work tomorrow!!! Thanks for being my inspiration :)dancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it
HUGE hit at work yesterday! Of course I took your advise and played with the ingredients. One thing, I don't think you need garlic salt...garlic powder works fine. I suppose it has everything to do with the quality of bacon used, but I felt it had pl...moredancegypsy67 in Nipomo loved it
This is a fantasic bread. Like the quality of it allot.helewes in Newton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!