Pork Chops And KrautFrom trackwidow 9 years ago
- 8 pork chops, seasoned with salt, pepper, etc shopping list
- 2 T cooking oil shopping list
- 2 med-lrg onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled/cored/sliced shopping list
- 1 large bag/can sauerkraut, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t caraway seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the chops, set aside.
- Saute the onions in the pan the chops were browned in. Pour off extra oil first if the chops gave off a lot of fat while cooking.
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, and caraway if using.
- In a 9x13 pan, put a layer of chops (4), onions, apples, kraut and the brown sugar mixture. Repeat.
- Add water to the pan to cover the bottom and cover with foil.
- Bake 2 hours or until pork is very tender.
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating4 people
Nice post hon, oh and I love the new you!organicmama in loved it
Yum, this is the way I usually make country ribs. Except without the mustard, never thought of that. I'll have to try it; I fry chops with regular mustard on them-this should be good :)taesma in Concord loved it
This looks great. Could I use smoked pork chops?pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!