Pork Chops And KrautFrom trackwidow 6 years ago
- 8 pork chops, seasoned with salt, pepper, etc shopping list
- 2 T cooking oil shopping list
- 2 med-lrg onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled/cored/sliced shopping list
- 1 large bag/can sauerkraut, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t caraway seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the chops, set aside.
- Saute the onions in the pan the chops were browned in. Pour off extra oil first if the chops gave off a lot of fat while cooking.
- Mix brown sugar, mustard, and caraway if using.
- In a 9x13 pan, put a layer of chops (4), onions, apples, kraut and the brown sugar mixture. Repeat.
- Add water to the pan to cover the bottom and cover with foil.
- Bake 2 hours or until pork is very tender.
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating4 people
Yes! And use apple juice instead of water...yummm!njspanteach in Green Brook loved it
This looks great. Could I use smoked pork chops?pleclare in Framingham loved it
Yum, this is the way I usually make country ribs. Except without the mustard, never thought of that. I'll have to try it; I fry chops with regular mustard on them-this should be good :)taesma in Concord loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!