beef barbacoa mexican BBQFrom robertg 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 # beef brisket shopping list
- 2 cups diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine(if you wouldn't drink ,it don't use it) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground oregano shopping list
- 1 seeded and sliced jalapeno shopping list
- 3 Tbs. cilantro shopping list
- 1 large onion,thickly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- put everything,except the oil,in a ziplock bag and marinade,in the refrigerator, over night.
- heat the oil up to shimmer and brown meat well to carmalize but not to cook the mear.
- when carmalized,place in slow cooker and add all of the marinade.cook on low for 8 hr.(on high 5-6 hr.) meat should be tender as pull pork. shred with 2 forks and serve on taco shells.
- I would have tried it with the cows head but Mary objected and if I used it she wouldn't have even tasted it...WOMAN!!!
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookrobertg MO
The Rating5 people
You had me with made with no cow;s headmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Yum! Yum! Yum!wdsdy in loved it
I'm a woman, and I LOVE cowshead!!!! We made it a couple of years ago for Christmas and MY family wouldn't touch it...go figure! LOL! In my town you can get one skinned from the meat market for $10, and it makes SO much meat...you wouldn't even know ...morejustweplus3 in Wright City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!