Grilled Lobster Tail With Chive ButterFrom dariana 10 years ago
How to make it
- Thaw lobster, if frozen. Rinse lobster; pat dry with paper towels. Butterfly tails by using kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut lengthwise through centers of hard top shells and meat, cutting to, but not through, bottoms of shells. Press shell halves of tails apart with your fingers.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sauce; set the remaining sauce aside.
- Lightly grease the rack of a gas grill. Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Brush lobster meat with some of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Place lobster, meat sides down, on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 minutes. Turn lobster. Brush with the rest of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
- Heat the reserved sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer the sauce to small bowls for dipping and serve with lobster. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
- To grill lobster on a charcoal grill, prepare as above except cook tails directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining sauce and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
People Who Like This Dish 40
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating8 people
OK, I'm heating up the grill now. Gonna give this a whirl. Wish me luck, if I overcook the lobster I'm gonna slit my wrists... :]dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
OK, can I give it a 6 ? This was fantastic. I had to innovate a little since I live in a small town and the nearest Kroger is a 15 minute drive. So, I didn't have a lemon or chives. Hmmm.. had some green onions so I chopped up some of the tops fo...moredugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Dugger, thanks so much for adding your photos. I hope this will catch on with other users as well and they will also add photos of recipes/foods they have tried and enjoyed.
I am just sorry I missed dinner at your house! Wow, looks like ...moredariana in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!