Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon SoupFrom frankieanne 6 years ago
- 1 lb. dried small white beans shopping list
- 6 cups of water shopping list
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- Drain the water from the beans and place in slow cooker. Add six cups fresh water.
- Cook bacon pieces until done, but not too crispy. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add drained bacon to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until beans are tender.
- Remove three cups of beans with a slotted spoon. Mash (I used a potato masher) or puree in food processor according to the texture you like. Return mashed beans to slow cooker. Cook for 30 minutes more to rewarm mashed beans.
- I served the soup in a bread bowl made from a small round loaf of sourdough bread.
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
The Rating3 people
When I take a spoon-full of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup it brings me back eons ago to being a kid and having that for lunch beside a Grilled cheese sandwich. Kind of hallowed ground really. But ML2C says it can be done homemade and that is intri...more
Frankieanne....I have Hickory Liquid Smoke but I know that there is a Mesquite Liquid Smoke available as well. Which one did you use?
LOVED this! A top-notch soup recipe that I will add to my regular soup menu rotation. Flavourful, easy to put together, healthy....couldn't ask for more.