Monterey Jack Bacon Avocado OmeletFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup finely chopped seeded tomato shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 pickled jalapeno minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 slices lean bacon cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 small avocado peeled and chopped in half-inch cubes. shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl stir together tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, juice, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and water.
- In a non-stick skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
- Pour in half of the egg mixture tiling skillet to spread evenly over the bottom.
- Cook 1 minute then sprinkle half the omelet with half the bacon, half the avocado and half the Monterey jack cheese.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Fold omelet over filling then transfer to a plate, and keep warm.
- Make another omelet in the same manner with the remaining butter.
- Serve omelets with tomato mixture over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- Sheebs Harrisburg, MO
- lenzijogall Nowhere, Us
- jennabanana87 Nowhere, Us
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- outrageouslyso Mooresville, IN
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- chefamari Cleveland, TX
- gianc1jj San Diego, CA
- catbot79 Topeka, KS
- singasongof6pans Longview, TX
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Yummy!!! I've been looking for a different omelet to try. This sounds perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!hottamale in Canton loved it
Yummmy. Very good stuff you have here.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!