Monterey Jack Bacon Avocado OmeletFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup finely chopped seeded tomato shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 pickled jalapeno minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 slices lean bacon cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 small avocado peeled and chopped in half-inch cubes. shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl stir together tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, juice, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and water.
- In a non-stick skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
- Pour in half of the egg mixture tiling skillet to spread evenly over the bottom.
- Cook 1 minute then sprinkle half the omelet with half the bacon, half the avocado and half the Monterey jack cheese.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Fold omelet over filling then transfer to a plate, and keep warm.
- Make another omelet in the same manner with the remaining butter.
- Serve omelets with tomato mixture over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- Sheebs Harrisburg, MO
- lenzijogall Nowhere, Us
- jennabanana87 Nowhere, Us
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- outrageouslyso Mooresville, IN
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- chefamari Cleveland, TX
- gianc1jj San Diego, CA
- catbot79 Topeka, KS
- singasongof6pans Longview, TX
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Yummmy. Very good stuff you have here.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummy!!! I've been looking for a different omelet to try. This sounds perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!hottamale in Canton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!