Nassau GritsFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1 package bacon cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 1/2-pound ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1 medium red onion diced shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1-garlic clove minced shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2-teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1 cup regular grits shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon and sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink and bacon is crisp.
- Drain sausage and bacon reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan.
- Saute onion bell pepper and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water and next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in grits then cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer stirring occasionally for 17 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and bacon and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!