Tomato Florentine SoupFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 1 28-oz can ground tomatoes, undrained (I used Muir Glen) shopping list
- 2 28-oz cans water (use the empty tomato can) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced (about ½ cup) shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced (about ½ cup) shopping list
- 3 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- ½ tsp salt (optional) shopping list
- ¾ to 1 cup shell pasta or ditalini shopping list
- 1 14-oz pkg. frozen leaf spinach or 1 10-oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tomatoes, water, onion powder, basil, carrot, onion , bouillon cubes and salt (if using) in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Add pasta. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach. Heat through.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!