Holiday Rum CakeFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 1 c. chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts, whichever you prefer shopping list
- 1 18 1/2-ounce yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 1 3/4-ounce (4-serving) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c. cold milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. Bacardi dark rum. . .I believe I used Appleyard (sp?) Jamaican Rum this last time shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter (1 cube) shopping list
- 1/4 c. water shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. dark rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan. Combine all cake ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cake. Use pastry brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- **Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating3 people
Sounds yummie, will give it a try soon.henrie in Savannah loved it
This sounds perrrrrrrfect!!! I'd love to take this cake to the Church Vicar or to the ladies auxiliary LOL Oh, I couldn't help that, it's the Irish in me ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
Oh, it would be great with Captain Morgan's. But this cake is wonderful any rum you use. One of my favorite preparations for the Holidays. I gave one to my chiropractor once and I got two treatments for free!!!! Nice trade off.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!