Cream of Spinach SoupFrom wynnebaer 9 years ago
- 6 cups fresh spinach shopping list
- 2 tbls. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced leeks or yellow onion shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tbls. flour shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, melt butter .
- Add leeks (or onion), and celery and cook until tender.
- Add washed spinach, chicken broth, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, process spinach mixture, half at a time until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Whisk together milk and flour.
- Whisk into spinach mixture, constantly whisking for 2 minutes.
- Variation: Can use 1 pound of asparagus cut into small pieces in place of spinach.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating5 people
Good afternoon Wynne, I was checking out your recipes and I found this great soup. I love homemade creamy vegetable soups. You have my 5. Have a wonderful day...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Big soup fan here, this sounds delightful ;)foodinnewengland in Claremont loved it
Don't believe I've used marjoram in spinach soup before...it was very, very good. Didn't puree the soup but just chopped the spinach. Like eating a big bowl of creamed spinach! Yum.gkwillow in City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!