Cream of Spinach SoupFrom wynnebaer 7 years ago
- 6 cups fresh spinach shopping list
- 2 tbls. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced leeks or yellow onion shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp. marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tbls. flour shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, melt butter .
- Add leeks (or onion), and celery and cook until tender.
- Add washed spinach, chicken broth, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, process spinach mixture, half at a time until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Whisk together milk and flour.
- Whisk into spinach mixture, constantly whisking for 2 minutes.
- Variation: Can use 1 pound of asparagus cut into small pieces in place of spinach.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating5 people
Big soup fan here, this sounds delightful ;)foodinnewengland in Claremont loved it
Don't believe I've used marjoram in spinach soup before...it was very, very good. Didn't puree the soup but just chopped the spinach. Like eating a big bowl of creamed spinach! Yum.gkwillow in City loved it
This was wonderful! I totally forgot to add the flour into the milk :( so I did the cornstarch/water thing and it just really wouldn't thicken up right for me. It didn't matter though cause the flavor was wonderful! I am going to make this again ...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!