Apple Cinnamon Coffee CakeFrom lor 6 years ago
- 5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark raisins (soaked in boiling water and a shot of rye and drained) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and nuts. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda and cinnamon, and stir into apple mixture about a third at a time, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake slightly before serving.
- Note: Apples and raisins keep this cake moist, which means less oil used.