Irish Potato CandyFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (baked or cooked) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pound sifted 10x sugar shopping list
- Combine potatoe, vanilla 1 cup at a time of the 10x sugar to form a soft non sticky dough. shopping list
- Take note on this: Mashed will use more sugar than the baked. Baked will be drier. shopping list
- Working with 1 Teaspoon of mixture for each candy shape into small irregular spheres (like new potatoes). Set on wax paper to dry slightly before coating. If you coat before drying out your cinnamon will be wet and blotchy. After they dry a little. Toss candies a few at a time in a plastic bag with cinnamon. Shake off excess. Store in cool dry place. shopping list
- You can add to the mix chopped coconut to the mix. shopping list
How to make it
- Here is a version I have not tried that I would like to try:
- 1 stick butter room temp.
- 1 pound 10x sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 or 2 tablespoons old bushmill irish whiskey
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup 10x sugar & 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat butter and 1 pound 10x sugar. Add cream and whiskey with coconut by hand.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Shape into walnut size balls like new potatoes. Roll into cinnamon and 10x sugar.
- makes 2 dozen.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!