How To Brine A TurkeyFrom kdbradley 7 years ago
- For brining a turkey 15 to 20 Pounds shopping list
- 2 Gallons Cold water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of kosher salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons of dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seed shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 1/4 cup Light-brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Special equipment: Large Stock pot or other receptacle (5 Gallon plastic bucket with lid works great)
- The night before roasting, rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water. (Reserve the Turkey neck and giblets for stock and gravy; keep refrigerated).
- In a large stock pot or 5 gallon bucket, mix 2 Gallons cold water with the salt, rosemary, thyme, celery seed, peppercorns and sugar.
- Stir well until all the salt is dissolved. Put the turkey in the pot. Cover and place in a cold spot (lower than 40°) or refrigerate and let stand over night or 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the Turkey from the brine, rinse well and follow your cooking instructions as normal.
The Cookkdbradley Taylor, PA
The Rating4 people
This is how my daughter does her turkey and it is fantastic! Thank you for the post!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sounds interesting! A must try!I should also tell you Noir has a Poultry Brine with Citrus posted as well. 2 great Brine recipes needed for the Holidays! Thank You!pink in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!