Homemade Dried ApplesFrom wynnebaer 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 300 Combine water and lemon juice in a large bowl
- Core apples and slice into 1/4 inch rings
- Place apple rings in water, juice mixture and make sure to cover apple completely for 5 minutes..This will keep apples from discoloring.
- Drain well and pat dry
- Lightly spray 2 wire racks with cooking spray
- Arrange rings on racks in single layer making sure not to touch
- Set each rack on a baking sheet
- put into oven one sheet on top oven rack and the other on the bottom rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Reverse sheets in the oven.( Place the top sheet on the bottom rack and the top sheet on the bottom
- Bake for 15 more minutes
- Shut oven off and let rings dry in the oven without opening the door, about 3 hours