Rice And Vegetable Stuffed SquashFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 2 large acorn or golden acorn squash (about 1 1/2 lb each) shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar or smoked gouda cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cuts squash in half crosswise; scrape out and discard seeds. Trim off stems and a small portion of pointed ends to allow squash to stand when turned over.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down on a microwavable plate; microwave at HIGH 12 to 15 minutes, or until almost tender when pierced.
- Place squash halves in 13x9-inch baking pan, cut sides up. Cover; let stand 3 minutes or until ready to fill.
- Pereheat oven to 375.F
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions adding brocoli, pepper and salt during last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir in almonds.
- Mound rice mixture into squash, overflowing into dish if necessary; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until sqush is tender and cheese is melted.( you can leave the cheese off if you can't have it)
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating3 people
Very good recipe. Quick and easy too. Its nice to have an acorn squash recipe that doesn't use butter and brown sugar.pointsevenout in Athens loved it